Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Waiting for the plane at the gate. Dull as you imagine.

So, the time has come, just about shaken off a end-of-work illness. The fever struck for 4 days and nights and finally just about relented in time for my departure flight. So here I am, I was quite prepared to postpone my flight at one delirious moment.....but all good now.

I was lucky enough to be nursed back to health by the lovely Ali, who stuck by me through the feverish nights. We think the typhoid injection mixed with over-working created some sort of hyper-fever-cocktail that left me slightly delirious and void of much humour.

Mind you, pacing the house through the night trying to find random places to sleep/rest seemed rather comical to say the least....in the morning.

Anyway, I've moved my office to its spiritual home back at the parlour and it's lies in wait for the photos and footage I'm about to shoot/collect/take/(or if french, make)

Jons lent me his GoPro HD waterproof camera, which will fit into and onto my surfboard and bike. Fingers crossed we should be able to get something half decent...

So the weather in Colombo looks delightful, let's hope it's not a deluge like Bangkok is at the moment..... I'll be surfing with Mike and Rach for the first 10 days or so before the ride, so hopefully pretty chilled, healthy, and fever free...

Just heard over the tannoy, the plane is delayed by 30 mins. Might sneak off for a pint...

No comments: